Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Decidedly...

One of the worst things to happen to me is sniffles. I hate sniffles. The constant rattle of your chest when you cough, the wheeze that never lets you forget that the lungs aren't what they used to be, and then there is the runny mucous.

Yes, disgusting is the word for it. Not only is it Undignified, but, as my friend Nutso Marmosets call it, it is a shame on Mammalkind. Of course birds have it too. I have seen a Cockatiel come down with a bout of sniffles, but she sneezed most delicately. Nothing like the skirt-lifting, spectacle-askewing glory which attacks me, and puts me in the general direction of trouble.

How do I fight?

Yes, the universal answer to it is simple: REST.

But for the unfortunate one, me, there is none.

So I generally run to the tried and tested Chicken Soup. My favorite is this one that I got out of amateurgourmet's website.

1 comment:

  1. Well chicken soup a la Punz will cure greater ailments ..sniffles are just but trifles..

    ReplyDelete

Followers